Status of Women Committee
November 8th, 2018 will be the first meeting of the District 24 Status of Women Committee.
Are you interested in women's issues? We need you to assist us in providing a forum for the discussion of issues relevant to the professional careers of the women members of the District. If you are interested in making a difference with other women then consider putting your name forward to initiate a District 24 Status of Women Committee.
The role of a Status of Women Committee would be:
- to keep the membership informed concerning women’s issues both in and out of the District,
- to sponsor professional development programs for the District in consultation with the Educational Services Committee,
- to present reports and recommendations to the Bargaining Units and District Executive,
- to monitor the professional opportunities and professional development of women members of the District,
- to identify issues of professional concern to women members of the District,
- to develop strategies and programs that respond to identified needs of women members in the District,
- to liaison with ETFO-Waterloo and other organizations in the Region and Province that share similar concerns,
- to supply contract clauses that support women OSSTF members to the appropriate Bargaining Unit Collective Bargaining Committee.
For more information, please contact Trevor Ray, District President.
District 24 President